Friday, May 11, 2012

Cakes!!

Hello Hello

So lately I've had cakes on the brain. I thought I would share with you my ideas about the wedding cake (even though I'm far from booking it haha) - this post is picture heavy.

As always, I'm trying to find cheaper alternatives to what the "usual" is. For the wedding cake I knew having less tiers would make it cheaper so I was thinking around 2 would be fine. Either that or I was thinking cupcakes because they run cheaper too. I really like the look of cakes though. Here's some ideas of the look I'm going for.



 Now the next three pictures are of cakes that I think are so adorable! 

In addition to this cake - the cake stand is so adorable and really goes with the fairy-tale theme. 
You can get it here It's kind of pricey but if I have some money leftover in the budget I think I will definitely be ordering this - they ship to Canada (already asked haha)

These cupcakes are so cute too - it's what made me really consider cupcakes.


 Now I noticed that buttercream or cream cheese icing is cheaper than fondant and I don't even really like fondant anyways. It looks nice on the cake but it hurts my teeth! I also realllly love red velvet cake. It's so good! So my fiance and I have decided we are going to go with a red velvet cake with buttercream or cream cheese (would go with it better) icing!




 The cupcake version of red velvet. We definitely will not go with the cupcake version because red cupcakes would for sure clash with my pink and white color scheme lol!

Anyway those are my thoughts on the cakes I thought I'd share. I have so much time to plan everything and I'm so impatient. Can't wait to get all these things booked haha planning is half the fun for me :P



May 24 2014
Days until Wedding: 743
Theme/Colors: Fairytale / White and Soft Pink
What has been booked: My dress





No comments:

Post a Comment