Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Dress Update & DIY Plans

I got a voicemail the other day from the bridal salon I ordered my dress from. It was originally supposed to come in around June 29th but it's been postponed until around the third week of July. It was kind of funny because on the phone she was saying, "There is no need to be alarmed, this happens all the time." It was in a very calming tone too haha. I wasn't alarmed. Girl my weddings in 2 years! Lots of time. The longer it takes, the less the bridal salon has to keep it stored. It's not like I'm doing any fittings anytime soon anywayyy haha

On another note... When Brandyn and I moved in to our apartment, all we had was bedroom furniture and two desks (one that was mine and one his). We had to save a lot of money for our couch and we bought a coffee table as well. I've been wanting to complete the matching set but alas the money has just not been there.

This is the TV Stand I want. Part of the HEMNES series from IKEA

This is the coffee table we have.


Now the TV stand we have now is a far cry from matching this. It is old, and vintage.. but not in a good way. I follow lots of DIY blogs and I was sitting in front of the TV just staring at it and I thought ... well why don't I try it myself!


I was thinking I could paint it a color that's similar to the coffee table... either that or white because then it will match my desk that is also in the living room. I'm a freak about matching. I can't picture different wood washes looking good in a room although I've seen it. I'm just wierd that way!
I also was looking through home depot for some knobs to replace those ones. That is not a kind of vintage I like! I found these ones...

I like these ones. They are 3.29 a piece but that's ok because I only need 2! I'm horrible at visualizing things together so I can only hope this would all look nice together. Who knows when I'll get around to it anyway. Not until after I move for sure because there's not point in starting this project now....I tend to have this problem lately ... lol


Also, my weekend was great. It was good to see my friends and hang out and stuff. I have lots of pictures that  I will upload soon. I'm just waiting for my friend to upload hers because she has some good ones too! Anyway that is all!


Oh... and 718 days until the wedding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment