Friday, August 24, 2012

Osoyoos, B.C.

The last week of July, we took a small vacation to Osoyoos, B.C. It is a town in the Okanagon maybe you've heard of it... it was about a 6 hour drive. Brandyn and I went with my Mom and a friend of hers and his boat! Haha I've waited my whole life to know someone with a boat.... Anyway I am going to share some pictures and a review of the "resort" we stayed at.








 Our campsite. We do it old school. Although we were surrounded with RVs....

 Arizona Iced Tea.... favourite!


 This observatory bread and breakfast...Brandyn drooled a bit


Ok so now for my review. We stayed at the Nk'Mip campground and RV park. Let me just say this was one pricey stay! It was nice and all but when we got there we were charged with a fee for the extra people AND the extra tents... they were separate fees.... ? Umm.. I can understand getting charged for extra people but extra tents. Or the other way around.. whatever. My Mom came to the conclusion that extra people made sense cause we're using extra water and stuff for the showers. WELL you had to pay for showers as well. And it was not cheap ($1 for 5 minutes). I'm used to camping anyway so I survived with one shower on the 5 night trip but with it being 5 minutes, I was not able to shave my legs or anything which was lame but I guess I'm camping right?

We were also charged with our boat being parked on our campsite because it was an extra vehicle. So let's recap here. We got separate charges for an extra "vehicle", extra people and extra tents. Yea that makes sense. On top of that when we got there, someone was in our lot so clearly they don't actually check so in reality you probably don't actually need to disclose the information of extra vehicles, tents, people... suitcases... shoes ..... ;)

Anyway, Osoyoos itself is a nice little town but I doubt we will be staying there again :)

Oh and boaters beware of the lake, there are some shallow spots right in the middle of it!

Ta ta!



No comments:

Post a Comment