Saturday, September 15, 2012

Oregon, Day 3


Ok so day 3 of our trip. It is taking me forever to do this because I started school so I've been kind of pre-occupied but .. I did warn you! We woke up and packed to leave Seaside. As my Mom was checking out I snapped a picture of the view from the lobby of the Seashore Inn.


We then started our journey to drive down the coast to Florence. We did not stop in Lincoln City on the way down because as my Mom's travel book predicted ... there was a lot of traffic. I felt like I was driving into Vancouver during rush hour... or maybe my Mom felt it more because I kind of just slept... So on the way we stopped at places to take pictures and such ....







My Mom wanted to stop at this winery called Blue Heron. Well it wasn't just a windery. They had lots of stuff there! Including cheeeeese. I love cheese but I didn't get any. I got some raspberry jam though. Yumm..... Also to note my Mom did buy some wine but she didn't enjoy it as much as her "B.C. wine" as she puts it. So heads up - apparently wine from the Okanagon is better. I'm not a wine drinker myself though so I couldn't say. 



We went across this bridge and it was quite eerie because of all the fog! Not to mention I hate bridges.... This fog was at 4 pm by the way. That is something we noticed about the coast. It got foggy very early in the day








One place that we for sure wanteded to stop at was the Sea Lion Caves


Notice the fog .. yikes haha. We had to take this elevator down to the cave. There was a sign saying that we are doing this at our own risk and basically if there is an earthquake and you get crushed in the cave it isn't their problem. I was not impressed .... I hated that elevator.










All in all, the Sea Lion cave was a 5 minute attraction that cost money. We got to see, we got to smell and we left. I wouldn't say don't go because it is a very cool attraction as that cave is completely natural and very cool but don't expect to have a guided tour or anything.

When we got to Florence, we checked in that the Lighthouse Inn which was so cute!! I didn't take pictures and I don't even know why! I would show you the website but it seriously doesn't do it justice. It has so much character. No breakfast though but the internet was a normal speed ...

After we were all checked in, we went into the old part of Florence which was really cute. I'm a sucker for old architecture and all that. The restaurant we ate at was this Italian place called Restobar. It was very good and another cute little place.

No comments:

Post a Comment