Monday, September 17, 2012

Oregon, Day 4

Day four of our Oregon trip was a packed day! We woke up and went to this little breakfast place next door to the inn which was average. I'm pretty sure it was all home made and nothing was really frozen which is a plus.

After that we made our way to our Dunes tour! We used Sandland Adventures. There is a couple of other private ones but my Mom saw that there were better ratings for this one. There are 2 options. A more intense one which is an hour and you go on the beach and a less intense one that is a half hour. Naturally we chose the more intense one and honestly unless you are reallly scared of these type of things which I totally understand, not making fun of you... do the more intense one. It wasn't that bad, we went faster and also got to drive on the beach. It was pretty fun but prepare to have sand like everywhere. I had sand in my pants haha.






















After this we left for Newport. When we got there we went to the Aquarium which was pretty average. I've been to the Vancouver Aquarium many times so this one was kind of the same. The one highlight in this one for me was the bird sanctuary that we could actually walk in and the tanks that we could walk under. That was pretty cool as well.





































I had to take a picture of Princess Peach..... haha

After the aquarium we checked into our hotel. We stayed at Value Inn and Suites at Yaquina Bay. This hotel was pretty standard but the one thing that I was not impressed with was the internet did not work at all! I was away from my hubby to be and I wanted to talk to him at night and when I talked to reception, the girl didn't even know what she was doing in trying to make it work. I wanted to go back there and fix it myself but alas that would be innapropriate. We went to dinner at this more expensive restaurant which was good. I tried to look on the map for the restaurant but I don't even know what the name was sorry. Newport also had a really cute old part of town which I love. After we went back to the hotel and chilled out and that was the end of our day.

Day 5 and 6 don't have any pictures to it so I'm going to do both those entries together next time. I didn't do my weekly Pinterest finds because I am so behind in posts and things keep happening that I want to share but once I am all caught up I will get that going again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment