Monday, September 03, 2012

Oregon Trip, Day 1

Before I begin you may have noticed a new look! Hope you like it because I sure do. I started with making my own banner and let me say, I am not creative in the way of coming up with something on a blank canvis. Anyway, after some intense frustration with photoshop and a little bit of help from the hubby-to-be, I finally came to a result that I liked :)

Ok so now onto the business. I've always heard the Oregon Coast is very beautiful and my Mom always wanted to go so we figured, before I move back east, we should make a trip to see it because I probably won't do this after I move. Brandyn was originally going to come but since we went camping, as a typical guy, he figured out after he decided to come that he probably can't afford to take 2 weeks off practically back to back plus he wanted to make sure he could take the week off at Christmas because we are going to my Dad's.

So it was a mother daughter trip. Everyday, I'm going to write a little entry updating on each day of our trip and also reviews for anybody else who may want to go on an adventure :)

Our first day was mostly driving. My Mom wanted to take the bridge that goes into Astoria but somehow we missed the turnoff to that highway and ended up going another way. So anyway we arrived at Astoria, saw the bridge anyway and just took a picture. It was mostly a drive by to see it.
It's a cute town but there wasn't much to do so we weren't staying there.






We then continued our drive to Seaside where we would be staying for 2 nights at the Seashore Inn on the Beach. The hotel wasn't the 4 seasons by any means but it was perfectly acceptable. Our room was clean, it didn't smell, tv worked, towels, bed. I'm not picky. It was right on the beach but it also had a pool and hot tub which I didn't go in. I like to stay out of over-chlorified waters to protect my skin haha. The only thing was that the wi-fi was pretty slow. It was hard for me to watch netflix or really do anything like talk to my man! I survived though.

After we got there we went for a walk down the main strip looking at the little shops. There was a really cool shop that had lots of old collectable stuff like I Love Lucy and Coca-Cola. Neat stuff there. We got reccomended to go to Norma's for dinner but you definitely have to get there early. The food must be good because both nights there was a line. We went to this other restaurant - I have no clue the name but it was very good service and food. Beware of "market priced" items because it can be expensive haha!

So that was day one of our trip. Day 2 continues with us going down to Cannon Beach and seeing the famous haystack rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment