Monday, October 08, 2012

Coffee Can Repurposing

In this day and age, we have countless amounts of electronic devices everywhere. We also have countless amounts of chargers and cord for these devices everywhere. I hate opening my drawers and seeing a big mess of wires everywhere so after seeing an idea on Pinterest a long time ago, I got to work on my next project.


I started with some wrapping paper from wallpaper, mod podge, and a coffee can

I washed and stripped the coffee can of it's paper and then placed it on the 
other side of my cutting board because I don't have a craft mat... easier clean up


I love this wrapping paper because it has grid lines on it. It's Hallmark Expressions. 
Made it so much easier for measuring and cutting.


So I measured out and cut the strip of paper

I applied the mod podge with my foundation brush --- don't be shocked it's all I had and I thoroughly cleaned it away! Anyway ... it worked. I didn't have a brush on me or a sponge.

Then, I applied the paper. I suggest you cut it a little bit bigger and then cut with an exacto knife. 
The mod podge was extremely sticky and it went on a little crooked. 


There you have it! A spot for all chargers hidden away but easy to find!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment