Monday, February 11, 2013

Day in the life of Lauren

I always wanted to do one of these but every single week is different for me because of our rotating jobs and stuff. A couple weeks ago were the most consistent because I had the same job rotation for 2 weeks so I decided that would be a good snapshot of what goes on in my life... at least ... these past few weeks (ha!)


I get up at 4am and quickly get ready. Not much effort will ever be put in at that time. 


Gizmo also likes to keep me company while I do this 
(please excuse the pile on the floor. we have to cover the toilet paper bag because Gizmo tries to eat it!) 

Then I drive to Joanne's house to pick her up, we are co hosting these 2 weeks but I usually pick her up anyway on the way to school so I can take the HOV lane (express way for commuters!)

Off we go to. "West" to Vancouver


We go on air from 5:30 am to 10 am. Afterwards I'll go to a class for about 2 hours. If I have a class while I'm on air, I have to miss it and make it up on my own time.


Then, I head home which takes about a half hour or so. 
Gizmo is always there to greet me. = ) 

Then I start to tackle my to-do list. Yes, I put my TV shows on my list of things to do :P


Well... I try to do my to do list. I end up succumbing to my sleepyness and head to bed for a nap.
Gizmo comes too... 

Brandyn gets home a little bit after 4 and he showers and stuff and then wakes me up at 5ish which I am thankful for because I would probably sleep all night and as you can see from my to do list... I don't have that option. I get up, turn my shows on and start the catch up.

During my TV shows, I do my workout.... and Gizmo takes my seat and watches

Then I have to do my show prep for the next morning. 

Before I go to bed, I make my smoothie because it is really loud and not very nice to Brandyn or my landlords to be running a blender at 4 am! 

And I head to bed around 11 pm. 
Gizmo joins me again :)


So yea.. that is the basics of what I do. The radio station I work at, we rotate jobs every week so my schedule changes but I usually go to school, go home, do what I need to do and then my shift and school.

The past week has been really busy trying to get everything done before I took my trip to Toronto! I will be posting on that in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment