Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Spring Cleaning


Now that things are calmer around here, I've decided to do a spring (or early summer) cleaning of my Dad's place .. since we are staying here for free. So I've compiled a list. You can do one a day but some of them are really easy (especially if you have a smaller place, so a couple a day doesn't hurt either but if you do 1 a day it should take about 3 weeks) 

While going through the list, you are also going to focus on small things around the house that you might never take a second glance at in a regular day. While I am doing this, I am also making a "honey-do-list" or just a to-do list. I'm going to make this a three part series so I can focus on some recommended cleaning supplies as well :)

Week 1

Dust all light fixtures, fans, and any vents that are located on ceilings (like in a basement). 

 I recently picked up this microfiber duster. I love it, especially because when you are done you just slip the pad off and throw it in the wash and then let it air dry! So much cleaner, Eco-friendly and cost effective. 

Sweep cobwebs in corners along the ceiling. 

Dust all horizontal surfaces like doors, picture frames, shelves, baseboards, counters. 

Vacuum the tops of the cupboards (have you ever looked up there? They can get nasty)

Wipe down the insides of all your upper cupboards

Wipe down all your walls, fans and vents with a cloth dampened with some vinegar

Wash all the bed linens including the comforter, duvet, and the bed skirt and pillow shams. You may need to take bigger things like a duvet and your comforter to a dry-cleaner

So there is week one of spring cleaning. Doesn't seem so bad when it is broken down does it? 

View week 2 here


No comments:

Post a Comment