Saturday, May 11, 2013

Things I would tell my teenage self


Well I'm past the teenage years and in these couple years since being past them, I've definitely learned a lot. Here are a few things I wish I could have told my teenage self:

1. Allll the many boys that rejected you... they become losers so don't worry. They grow up to work in dead-end jobs and just smoke pot everyday and some of them ended up as teen Dads. Nobody cares that you didn't have a boyfriend during your teen year and it doesn't matter once you are older.

2. Actually focus on school and take all the classes possible including all the sciences because even though you've made high school pretty easy for yourself by only taking what you had to to graduate, you've limited yourself when you are out of high school and you can't become a vet tech without chemistry and biology. 

3. You only stay friends with 3 or 4 people from high school. This is because half of them were not your real friends and the other half you don't have anything in common with anymore because they decided to float and do nothing with their lives and you are striving for your goal. 

4. Don't tell everybody everything, It gets used against you.

5. Always trust your instincts. Those parties you don't really want to go to... something bad always happens at those ones and you have a miserable time. Just go have a sleepover with Shaylynn and Jolene. Those were always funner and had less humility and heartbreak and way more laughs. 

6. You'll grow into your nose, and people will eventually stop obsessing over your boobs.

It's funny because I always hated that I never had a boyfriend and my friends used to say, "Watch, you are going to have a boyfriend at the end of high school and you will date him for a long time and you will get married."

That's exactly what happened :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment