Wednesday, August 28, 2013

W&D No No (in my opinion)

This is kind of one of those in my humble opinion / what I have learned through experiences posts...

Lately I have noticed a lot of homes being built with the washer and dryer on the second floor... mostly because people are asking for it out of convenience. I totally agree about the convenience but there are some issues that come with that. 

Second floors aren't made like the first floors and basements so they can't exactly handle the shaking of the machines and may cause your whole floor to shake while running.

You would need to find very quiet machines because well... they are right beside bedrooms and I don't know about you but I tend o start doing laundry at night.... 

Those are just pesky things but the main problem with it is: What if it floods?
If you are on the second floor, your second floor will be ruined and your first floor and maybe even your basement. If the washer and dryer was in the basement then it is almost a non-issue. If it is on the first floor you just worry about that area and the basement.... not the entire house. 

So yes I just wanted to give everyone something to think about when figuring out where to put those washers and dryers. I mean... we can all use a little exercise in our lives... even if that is just lugging laundry baskets up and down the stairs!

And of course, I need to give you some laundry rooms that I find swoon worthy!



 (No Source)


No comments:

Post a Comment