Friday, September 27, 2013

DIY Balloon Chandelier

For the shower I made a balloon chandelier to go over the gifts. It was actually a pretty simple process. The only thing was it was time consuming to do. Before I start, here is what it looked like all set up:




Here are the supplies needed:
  • 5x7 Cardstock
  • Pictures
  • Balloons
  • Single hole punch
  • Double sided tape
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors


I took each picture and taped it to the card stock. The reason I taped it was so that I could easily remove it and use the pictures for something else or put them in frames. 
 

I then punched a hole in the tops of each card stock.  This step is where I left it. The rest needed to be completed at the shower.


Once we got to the venue the shower was at, I started blowing up the balloons. You have two options, blow up the balloons or get helium. Either work fine. This was probably the most time consuming task. 

I apologize for not having pictures of this. Like I said, these steps were done at the venue and I was trying to get it all done fast.

Anyway, next I cut all the string to the length I wanted and then tied it through the holes in the card stock and then around the balloon tie.

Then I took double sided tape (this is why it doesn't matter what kind of air you put in the balloon) and I taped it to the ceiling. You want to tape it to the ceiling so the balloons don't end up blowing around (or falling down if you blew it up using human air). Warning on this one: you may need a lot of tape. The card stock put a bit of weight and a few of the balloons ended up falling towards the end of the shower.

So there you have it; an easy project that guests really appreciated. I got quite a few compliments on it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment