Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wedding Sign: Complete

Alright I have finally added the final touch to my wedding sign. Truth is, I have had the ribbon for weeks now, I just never got around to putting it on the sign. So I wrote this post down in my blog calendar which made me accountable for actually getting it done! 

To read my first steps on how to do it, click here, here and here. Sorry for all the links but I like to show you my projects in real time that I have done them (and partly because I am so impatient to show you!).

So now that I was done painting and putting the words on, I had to find a ribbon to go around it. My ring bearer will be able to hold it but you know, just in case...

We got this ribbon from Michael's in the wedding section. It is funny because I was going to choose something more simple and cheaper but Brandyn was all for this one.  


 I was having trouble getting it to go through the hole so I taped a sewing needle on to the end. It worked like a charm!


Then I tied two regular knots and bent the extra piece behind. I then taped it down so it wasn't flailing everywhere. I did the same with the second side and then it was done!


Before I do the reveal, let's take a look at what it looked like when I started:


And now I am finished!


Yay! I have to say, I am not a crafty person. I look at some projects and think, If I did that it would probably look like kaka maka.... So I am pretty proud of myself for how this turned out :)

Here is the budget breakdown:

Wooden Board: Free (scrap pile at Home Depot)
Paint: Free (my stepmom had leftover from painting her shed)
String: $6 (like I said, we splurged)
Total Cost: $6

A lot better than $40+ buying off Etsy....

Oh and here is a little fun picture I tried to take but.. Gizmo didn't quite cooperate....


No comments:

Post a Comment