Monday, November 04, 2013

1 Month In: The Bedroom

As of tomorrow, we will have been in our new place for a month. Our place is far from finished and I have hardly even got started on some rooms but I am going to share with you what things are looking like now. I have 5 rooms to show you which I will space out over the week. Today, we start with the bedroom!

We started with this:


The blinds came with the apartment. I hate them but they will probably stay. Anyway... here is the now!


Brandyn's side of the bed. 


And my side... I couldn't get far enough away to get a picture of the bed in entirety lol. 

This is the closet. The bins on the top shelf hold my purses and Brandyn's work clothes. The blue bin holds seasonal decor (aka Christmas stuff). The drawers beside it hold my work stuff, bathing suits and winter accessories. There is a blanket on that blue bin because the cats like to go in there and sleep.


Here is a little basket. You may remember it from our last apartment. It was used to hold the toilet paper. It doesn't fit in the space between the cabinet and the toilet in this one so I re-purposed it. It now holds all of our slippers!


This is the view when you first walk into the room.


These drawers are the start of my dressing table. Each drawer holds something different.


... like my hair tools....


and hair products.... It also holds my make up, anything for the body like lotion or bath salts, and my makeup.


Gizmo was being extra photogenic :)


What we still need to do in this bedroom:
  • Buy a dresser. While the nightstands are working for now, my clothes are busting out of there. There is no room for any wardrobe expansion which is just not acceptable.
  • Buy my dressing table, mirror, chair and all other accessories to go with it.
  • Get the little DIY magic I'm doing to my dressers done.
  • Buy duvet, duvet cover and sheets (our mattress is very thick so we need deep pocket ones)
  • Get art/pictures for above the bed 
  • Do some DIY magic on the drawer system for my dressing table

Products that you see in this picture:
  • Bed: Ikea (Svelvik)
  • Sheets: Ikea
  • Comforter and Pillow Shams: Home Outfitters (but I wouldn't reccomend buying these pintuck type ones because as you can see, a lot of it has already come undone and we have had it maybe a year?)
  • Drawer system: Ikea (Alex)
  • Nightstands: Ikea (Malm)
  • Lamps: Homesense



No comments:

Post a Comment