Wednesday, November 06, 2013

1 Month In: The Entry

First I will start with the entryway. It is almost complete! Here is what it looked like before:



And here it is now:


Since I already had this Broadway picture, I figured I could match the theme I am using in the dining room. Read about that here.  I didn't want typical pictures of skylines that are obvious so I after some searching I came across these two. Broadway street is of course in New York. My Mom actually picked that up for me when I was still a teenager so I can't help you with where I got that one. The upper right one is of Toronto's flatiron building. The bottom right is from the top of Lombard st in San Francisco. I got the frames at Ikea. 


Boxes are still there! I am being honest about these pictures :) lol


The closet beside the bathroom. I used the boxes from my dinnerware set. They fit perfectly in there. As you can see I haven't quite gotten to organizing it yet.


Same with this one.... 
 

This is the door obviously... I got the mat from Ikea and the key/mail holder at Target. There is a little chalkboard space on it. We don't have a chalk pen yet though so nothing is written. Also, if you have noticed the mail slot in the door.... we do get mail right to our door! It is amazing. We also have a garbage chute on our floor which is also just amazing. 


And our coat closet. I don't like the look of having a shoe rack showing so I have it hidden in our closet. It impedes our coat space but that is OK with me as long as it is hidden! We also store the vacuum and steam mop to the side there. And the bag holder is from Ikea. Love that! Such a neat way to store the bags (excuse the pun). The only thing I need to add to the entry way is a little bench that will go underneath the art on the wall. I already have it picked out it is just a matter of buying it. We need somewhere to sit when putting our shoes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment