Friday, November 22, 2013

6 Months

As of Sunday we are down to 6 months until the wedding! By this point I was supposed to:
  •  Buy the gown
  • Determine the menu
  • Book cake baker
  • Book ceremony musicians
  • Book transportation
  • Get all bridesmaids dresses ordered

The list looks longer but it was actually really short because most of it was done already. I bought the gown back in 2011...lol and the menu was determined when I booked the hall. Same goes for the ceremony music. The bridesmaid dresses were bought in September and Shay picked up her dress the end of October. 

As for the cake and transportation, that got done as well! I don't have a post about the cake because if I were to post something, I would just be giving it away but I will say that it was a fairly easy process. I basically knew what I wanted. I did a lot of research to find out what was affordable and all that business so when I went in, I basically just showed them a picture and it was ordered. They let me fully customize it too. I picked out the ribbon I wanted from their bucket of ribbons and I am able to add to the order later if I need to (like if more people than I originally expected come) so that is good! 

As for the transportation, you can read about that post here. We also bought Brandyn's wedding band which wasn't on the list!

The next deadline is January 24th, 2014 (oh now we are in the same year).
  • Rent or buy Brandyn's tux
  • Print invitations
  • Reserve any rental equipment
  • Get some more of the decor stuff done.
  • Book hotel blocks. 

When we rent Brandyn's suit, we are also going to get it on file which suit all the groomsmen are wearing as well so they can go out and get it. Someone like my brother I want to hold off until closer to the wedding because he is almost 14 and growing like a weed! 

I'd like to get the invitations printed and start addressing them. They need to be sent out by the end of February. It is crazy that we are almost at the point to be doing the invitations. It makes it so much more real.

As for the rental equipment, I don't know if I will actually need any and I just plan to check off a little bit more of the decorations that I can do and that way when it comes closer to I really just have centerpieces to do. 

And of course the one that I get bugged about the most: the hotel block. Sorry to everybody who has been wanting to know for so long but the hotels told me not to bug them about it until January! So I will have that done by the end of that month lol 

That was one long winded post! I will check back with this in January :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment