Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A gift for my Mom

My Mom's birthday just recently passed and I wanted to share the gift I got her because it was really amazing.

I was perusing through Etsy and I came across custom house portraits. So I finally settled on this one shop. 


I am going to be honest with you. Her price was what was the deciding factor between her and other stores. There were tons of shops that did essentially the same thing. I paid $50 for a 5x7 painting.

So here is a preview of the kind of stuff you will see in her shop.


I ordered a portrait of the house my Mom grew up in. It is a typical downtown Toronto house and I just thought it would be a nice thing for her to have. 

Because I was getting it for my Mom and for her birthday, I had it sent directly to my Mom so I wasn't going to be able to see it in person. Working with Alison was really great. She was very quick to respond and listened to my preferences. She also scanned a picture of it to show me so that I could see and let me tell you, it turned out so good! 

My Mom actually liked her gift for once! Usually she tells me I shouldn't have spent my money on that but she liked this one so that is a plus. 

I highly reccomend this shop if you are looking for a nice sentimental gift for someone. I was really impressed.

And now for the reveal of what my Mom's house portrait looked like:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment