Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Invitations

I have sent out all the invitations and they have all (or should have) arrived at their destinations so now I can show you!

One day I went into Michael's looking for something completely unrelated and I stumbled upon a clearance rack full of invitations. $9 a box baby! The box I chose weren't exactly my colors but at that price, it was certainly close enough. I bought 2 boxes with 30 sets in them - so in total I paid $20 for 60 invitation suites. Sure beats $500. 

Here is a blank envelope. I am showing you a blank one to protect the privacy of my guests but I just hand wrote the address and put a stamp on it! Pretty standard.


For the invitations, I went on the website and entered the code I got, it then gave me the template for the invite and the rsvp card. I was then free to write whatever I wanted with whatever font. 


I purchased a custom address stamp from ChattyPress on Etsy. I then basically created a stamping station! I would stamp the rsvp cards and the return part of the invitation envelope and just place them like this. I made sure to keep the envelope and return card and envelope together because I had a little system! I then left the stamp to dry over night to prevent any smudging.


Here is the RSVP card. If you notice in the bottom of the envelope, there is a number. I numbered ever return card envelope. The number on a person's envelope was the number their party is under on my excel spreadsheet. This way, if anybody forgets to put their name, I know who it was from. It isn't the prettiest thing but it is certainly functional.


I also got these sticky squares to put on the back of the invitations. This is so it would stay in place when placed on the pocket.


For the accommodation card, I just googled a template for it, downloaded it, put in what I needed, printed it and then cut it to size. 


Here is everything placed in the pocket. I didn't have a dedicated spot for the accommodation card so I slipped it behind the RSVP card with it poking out from the top so people knew it was there.


They also provided pre-cut ribbon in the set so I tied it around the envelope to keep it closed. My only qualm with this is that it doesn't stick on to the pocket so if someone pulls it out of the envelope fast, the ribbon will probably just slip off which is lame but oh well.









No comments:

Post a Comment