Tuesday, April 01, 2014

March Favourites

I took last week off from blogging because I was going through a bit of a slump. I was having trouble coming up with good content and I would rather just not write anything than write pointless stuff. That being said, I've come up with some new content ideas.

 Along with my weekly recap, I will be adding a "Music Monday." I love music and finding great songs so I will be posting some of my favourite songs of that week.

I will also being doing a monthly pinterest challenge. I have 3000+ pins on Pinterest and I want to go through and actually try out some of those things, whether it be a craft, recipe, or outfit inspiration. I have basically finished my craft for this month so once I have it hung on the wall (ooo spoiler alert!), I will be posting all about it!

Now, for today's post. I have expanded my monthly favourites to include one thing from a bunch of categories. So, enough with the chatting and on to my March favourites. 




This brush is my absolute favourite. My hair is unruly. I think I have said that before. It is thick, wavy and frizzy and it will tangle like crazy. I usually run conditioner through my hair twice to help it along but it is still a pain to get a comb through it after my shower. This makes it a breeze! I can't even believe how well it works. For those wondering where you can get it, Sally's Beauty Supply has them. 

I previously said the Keihl's Ultra Facial Cleanser was a favourite but after a while, I realized it wasn't the right cleanser for me. I was still getting cystic acne and I'm pretty sure the reason for the rest of my face clearing up was because of my Clarisonic. I went to Sephora and talked to the skin expert and she reccomended this cleanser for me. I have never used a milk cleanser before so the texture was definitely different but I immediately started seeing results. I have not had any cystic acne since and the dark spots on my cheek from previous breakouts are finally starting to clear up. Needless to say, I think this is the one ;)

Bath & Body: Nothing this Month

I had a gunmetal, I had a rose gold, I needed a silver watch. I originally went into Fossil looking at a watch with a turquoise plate but the price here in Canada is more than it is listed than on the website and I had not budgeted for that. I ultimately decided on this one and I am glad I did. The blue color is more of a blue-grey in real life and I find it a lot more neutral. I wasn't 100% sold on the turquoise one and I feel that it would be harder to match with everything so I am definitely glad I chose this one and I really love it!

This brush is part of the Real Techniques eye starter set. It is a bit hard to find because it is a UK Based company but they do sell it at Walmart and Winners so just keep perusing there if you want to find it. This is basically a mini kabuki brush for eyes and it is so soft and dense and just really great for putting the shadow on. I actually use it to put it all over my lid as oppose to the accent.

And the Carrie Underwood nail polish saga continues. I'll have to admit, I have a few nail polish colors very similar to this one but I had to get it because it is Carrie Underwood. Simple as that. I just love this color and as I have said before, the line itself is a really great formula.

When I read the first two books, Mocking Jay hadn't even come out yet. Then the movies came out and I just had never gotten around to reading it. So when I watched Catching Fire in the theater - and the way they had the cliffhanger, I just had to pick up this one right away because I was not waiting a year to find out what happened! So I am currently reading this one and I haven't finished it yet (almost done though). It made my favourites by default because it is the only one I've read this month so far lol.

Movie: Divergent
I almost always read a book before going to see a movie - mostly because I had read the book before they even started making movie. I hadn't read this one though. The movie was realllly good. It definitely lived up to it's hype. I bought the box set because...even though it is really unconventional for me to do this, I am going to read the book after I watched the movie! 

TV Show: The Good Wife
I have many many TV shows that I love. I have been catching up on this one on Netflix and it really is amazing. Keep in mind, I have a passion for law, but this show, I just love! You should definitely check it out.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment